Before your surgery
Sagamore Surgical Center staff will attempt to contact you prior to the day of surgery in order to collect information about your health and medications to shorten your admission process. If you do not have contact with us prior to 3 days of surgery, call 765-474-7838 and ask for Nancy.
It is important that you follow the following instructions:
Clear Liquids (Water, 7-UP)
12 Midnight day of surgery
2 hours prior to arrival
*If you are diabetic be sure to contact Sagamore Surgical Center for diet and medication instructions.
- Any special lab tests or x-rays will be arranged by your surgeon. Please have these performed 3-7 days prior to surgery date.
- Notify your physician if you develop an infection or illness.
- Know what medications should and should not be taken
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows plenty of room for postoperative dressings or wraps.
- Please leave all valuables and jewelry at home.
- Please remove makeup, hairpins, contact lenses, and jewelry (including body piercing).
- Have someone drive you to and from the Surgery Center. Someone should stay with you for the first postoperative evening and day after your dismissal if you have had a General Anesthetic.
When you arrive at the surgery center we request you check in at the front desk. You will need to bring all of your insurance cards and a photo I. D. card. If you are signing as a Power of Attorney or Guardian please bring a copy of the legal papers for the chart. At this time the papers for surgery at Sagamore Surgical Center will be signed.
After you are finished at the front desk a nurse will escort you and up to two people accompanying you to the pre-operative area. The nurse will complete the health information interview and prepare you for surgery. The anesthesiologist will meet with you here to discuss your anesthetic and answer your questions. While you are in surgery your family and friends will wait for you in the lobby.