In 1983, Dr. Vicar completed a five-year orthopaedic surgery residency at Ohio State University. He completed a special one-year fellowship in hand surgery at the University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospi¬tal, Rochester, New York in 1984.
Dr. Vicar has served as chairman of the Hand Surgery Section at Methodist Hospital and on the board of directors for the Arthritis Foundation.
Dr. Vicar has presented hand surgery lectures at numerous national and regional conferences, and has had articles published in many professional journals. He is a hand surgery consultant for DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana and the Physician Assistant Program at Butler University.
Areas of Practice:
- Hand and Upper Extremity
- Reconstructive and Traumatic
- Disorders of the Hand, Wrist and Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery-Arthroscopic
- Rheumatoid and Degenerative Arthritis
- Surgery for Arthritic Conditions in the Hand, Wrist and Elbow